The esteemed institution, St. Paul’s Mahajana Schools is situated on the north of the greater Chennai beside the shore of the Bay of Bengal and it comes under the civil jurisdiction of Thiruvottiyur of Chennai Corporation. From the the pages of school history dating back to 22nd November 1952, we learn that our institution had a humble beginning and was founded by a zealous person Mr.Subramania Mudhaliar , with single teacher and 19 student in a thatched hut with mud walls.
Originally , the school was named as Mahajana Elementary School . In 1961 the school was handed over to the care of St.Paul’s Church and Rev.Fr.John pillai Veetil was the then Parish priest and correspondent. It is at his tenure, the school was christened as St.Paul’s Mahajana Elementary School. From then onward, it started functioning under the management of the Archdiocese of Chennai- Mylapore. With the blessings of Rt.Rev.Dr.Louis Mathias Sdb. the then Archbishop of Chennai- Mylapore ,a new school building was constructed and the institution was also recognized by the Govt. Of Tamilnadu. As the strength of the school was swelling and to cater the pressing need of the people, the management had been driven to the sheer necessity of the